Requests for official Howard University transcripts are fulfilled through the National Student Clearinghouse: a trusted source for secure transcript delivery.
Cost and Payment Method
All Howard University transcripts are $8 per copy. You can pay for your transcript order with any major credit or debit card. Your card will not be charged until we have sent your transcript(s). However, if you are using a debit card, your bank may put a hold on your funds when we pre-authorize your payment. If you have questions about the pre-authorization, please contact your bank.
Order updates will be sent to you via email, and via text messages if you select this option. You can also track your transcript order online.
Processing Time and Delivery
Transcript requests are processed in the order they are received. Normal processing time is 2 business days. However, requests received for individuals who attended prior to 1985 may take 3 to 5 business days.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Orders requesting paper transcripts are not processed when the University is closed.
Now - Transcript reflects current grades and classes as of the date requested.
Current Delivery Options:
Electronic: ONLY available for 1990 graduates to present
- Expiration: 30 days
- Printing is allowed
- Copying and Modify is not allowed
US Postal Service:
- Unless otherwise specified, this is the default delivery method
- Howard University does not have overnight delivery options. The quickest way to receive a transcript is through electronic delivery.
Hold for Pickup:
- Issued to students
- Transcripts not picked up after 30 calendar days will be destroyed.
Third Party Pickup:
- Authorized persons must bring their own photo ID and a signed release statement from the student stating, "I, (student name), give permission for (authorized party) to pick up my transcript on (date)."
- Authorization Notices can be uploaded at the time of the order, if the transcript is being picked up by a third party.
Transcript orders are processed by the Howard University Office of the Registrar. If you have a hold on your student record the university will not process your transcript request until it has been resolved. Such holds include:
- SFS Loans: 202-806-2600
- SFS Student Accounts: 202-806-2600
- SFS Graduation Hold: 202-806-2600
- SFS Collections: 202-806-2600
- Office of the Bursar: 202-806-2600
- OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR HOLD: 202-806-2705
To receive help retrieving your electronic PDF or to ask a question, click the transcript ordering help link at the bottom of this page, or contact the Clearinghouse at (703)742-4200 or via email at email@example.com.
Should you have any additional questions please contact the Office of the Registrar at (202)806-2705 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Written requests will be honored only if they contain the signature of the student or former student whose record is requested and the student must be cleared financially by the Office of Student Financial Services. Please submit the form located HERE. Please include your name, student identification or social security number, approximate dates of attendance, and the exact address where you want the transcript sent. All transcript requests will be honored as expeditiously as possible, but during such periods as examinations, grade reporting, and registration there may be some delay.
Each academic transcript issued by the Office of the Registrar reflects, in chronological order, the COMPLETE and UNABRIDGED history of ALL academic endeavors attempted and/or earned by the student at Howard University. Partial transcripts are not furnished.
The fee for all official transcripts is $8 per copy. Please note, the fee is non-refundable once the request has been submitted. Students may obtain unofficial transcripts for free via Bison Web.
Please forward written requests to the following address:
Office of the Registrar
2400 6th Street N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20059