WHUT Spectrum Auction Discussion
Note: the commenting period has ended and is now closed (Mon, Nov 16, 2015, 8am)
Howard University Announces Public Comment Opportunity Regarding Its Future Decision on Whether to Participate In the FCC Broadcast Incentive Auction
Howard University is considering its options concerning the Broadcast Incentive Auction to be conducted in spring 2016, by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Please refer to the memorandum from President Frederick dated October 16, 2015, by clicking here.
The FCC will conduct the auction as an opportunity for all television stations to consider. WHUT is not for sale but the University will consider all of its options and make a strategic business decision.
Please use this comment site to offer your opinion and comments as to whether the University should apply to participate in the auction.
The comment period will run from Monday, November 2, 2015, beginning at 8:00 a.m. EST and will close at 8:00 a.m. EST on Monday November 16, 2015.
The University welcomes comments that represent a variety of points of view. However, all comments will be screened and those that contain violations of the following rules will not be posted:
- Any comment that contains vulgar or obscene language.
- Any comment that contains language that is insensitive or insulting to any ethnic or racial origin, any class of people, or religion.
- Any comment that contains language that is libelous to any individual.
- Any comment that is not on topic, that is, that digresses into a discussion of a topic or topics not related to the issue of whether Howard University should participate in the auction.
- Any comment that includes web links.
- Any comment whose length exceeds 400 words.
The University will make every effort to post comments within 24 hours after receiving them.
Thank you for your continued interest and support of Howard University.