|Undergraduate||Download Full Cost of Attendance|
2018-2019 Cost of Attendance
Howard University has a Cost of Attendance policy that addresses the cost of attendance components required to calculate a student’s federal, state, and institutional financial aid eligibility. Please note each cost of attendance component is not the actual bill that a student may receive from the Office of the Bursar. However, it is the total estimated cost a student may accrue to attend Howard University for the academic year. The cost of attendance components include tuition and fees, an estimated room and board allowance, and additional allowance such as books, supplies, personal, miscellaneous, transportation and loan fees. Howard University reviews, and if necessary, updates each cost of attendance component annually.
Howard University’s Cost of Attendance components are consisted of the following:
- Tuition and Mandatory Institutional Fees: The average cost of tuition and fees for a typical student based on enrolling full-time each semester per year. The actual costs that a student incurs will vary depending on the student's degree or certificate program.
- Books and Supplies: The average cost of books and supplies for a typical student for an entire academic year.
- Room and Board (housing and meal plans): A reasonable estimate of what it would cost to live in the Washington DC Metro Area while attending Howard University. Actual costs may vary by individual choices related to location.
- Transportation: The transportation allowance is allocated for the expenses you incur traveling to and from Howard University. Federal regulations do not allow Howard University to include expenditures such as the purchase of a vehicle.
- Other educational expenses: These expenses include miscellaneous items the student will purchase throughout the academic year that are related to your educational costs. The student’s actual miscellaneous expenses will vary from the budgeted average depending on your program.
- Loan fees: Howard University calculates an average loan fee based on program level.
A student’s actual cost of attendance may vary due to factors such as:
- Number of enrolled credit hours
- Room and board choices
- Degree program and plan
- Personal and miscellaneous expense
Cost of Attendance 2018-2019
|Graduate On/Off Campus New & Continuing||Download Full Cost of Attendance|
|EMBA||Download Full Cost of Attendance|
|MBA||Download Full Cost of Attendance|
|Dental||Download Full Cost of Attendance|
|Divinity||Download Full Cost of Attendance|
|Education||Download Full Cost of Attendance|
|Law||Download Full Cost of Attendance|
|Medicine||Download Full Cost of Attendance|
|Graduate Nursing||Download Full Cost of Attendance|
|Pharmacy||Download Full Cost of Attendance|
|Graduate Social Work New & Continuing||Download Full Cost of Attendance|