Serve The Community
Strategic Priority 3
We will serve our diverse community with high impact outreach and collaborative partnerships across divisions and beyond campus borders, while cultivating an atmosphere of inclusivity, wellness and civility.
Use experiential service learning opportunities to teach awareness of local and global issues that align with our University’s mission.
- Develop effective models for industry and community engagement through expansion of Howard University's Alternative Spring break and Day of Service initiatives.
- Serve the District of Columbia through strategic and effective engagement and coordination with its citizens, businesses and K-16 institutions to enhance educational outcomes of Washington D.C.
- Leverage relationships with Corporate partners to maximize job creation, train the workforce of the future and contribute to economic growth in Washington D.C.
- Increase awareness and participation in initiatives that support a healthy campus community, as it relates to physical and mental health.
- Develop mutually beneficial business partnerships to combat health disparities in the local community.
- Progressively increase service opportunities and programs, tracking progress through development of a system that globally monitors service delivery by our students, faculty and staff to the public.
- Increase alumni engagement that is demonstrated through philanthropic contributions and service to Alma Mater and their local communities.