To request a Title IX training session for your department, student organization, or other Howard University group, complete the TITLE IX TRAINING REQUEST FORM.
The Title IX Office provides training to help ensure that all members of the Howard University community are educated and informed regarding their rights, resources and responsibilities under Title IX and the Howard University Policy Prohibiting Sex and Gender-Based Discrimination, Sexual Misconduct and Retaliation (the Title IX Policy).
Live Training Sessions
The Title IX Office facilitates training sessions for student, faculty and staff groups in the University’s Title IX Policy and Procedures, including during annual and biannual college and department orientations, bi-weekly University and HU Hospital new employee orientations, and by request. These trainings are currently being offered virtually, primarily via Zoom.
Online Training Programs
Howard University has partnered with the online education company EVERFI to provide required online training to all Howard students, faculty and staff, covering various topics related to preventing harassment and discrimination, as well as Howard’s Title IX Policy and related resources. Training assignment and reminder messages, including an individualized link to access the training, are sent via email. If you have not received your online training assignment email, please be sure to check your junk mail/spam folder, as well as your inbox. If you still cannot locate your assignment or reminder messages, contact the Title IX Office at TitleIX@Howard.edu.
For Undergraduate Students
- Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates – Assigned to all first year students (freshmen) prior to the start of their first semester. Engages undergraduate students in fostering healthy and respectful relationships, preventing misconduct, and preparing them to recognize and respond effectively to sexual assault and harassment if and when it occurs.
- Sexual Assault Prevention Ongoing: Healthy Relationships – Assigned to sophomores, juniors and seniors. Ongoing training that emphasizes healthy relationship skills, safe strategies for bystander intervention among peers, and survivor empathy and support.
For Graduate & Professional Students
- Sexual Assault Prevention for Graduate Students – Assigned to all Howard graduate and professional students. Designed to support healthy interactions with advisors, faculty members, peers, and undergraduate students, and prepare graduate/teaching assistants to respond appropriately to disclosures from students.
For Faculty & Staff
- Harassment & Discrimination Prevention – Assigned to all new faculty and staff members within approximately one month of start date. In addition to the Title IX Policy, this training also covers Howard’s EEO Policy, which prohibits other forms of discrimination besides sex and gender. Designed to raise awareness about harassment and discrimination by explaining the relevant laws and providing insight on how to help prevent and appropriately respond to misconduct. Offers guidance on maintaining a respectful work environment, including safe and positive options for bystander intervention, using inclusive language, avoiding microaggressions, and fulfilling employee reporting obligations.
- If you experience a technical issue while attempting to access or complete your online training, contact EVERFI’s 24/7 tech support by clicking “Help” within the course or by visiting support.everfi.com.
- If you have any questions or concerns related to the online training, please contact the Title IX Office at TitleIX@Howard.edu.