Browsers & Devices
Howard University websites are optimized and tested to ensure they function on the latest versions of commonly used web browsers, as well as devices, as noted below. If you are using a different browser, or an outdated version of a browser, we cannot guarantee optimal site functionality or security. If you experience a technical issue with a site, please first make sure that your browser is up to date. If it is up to date and you still experience an error, please contact the Digital Strategy and Web Services team to report the issue. If you need assistance updating your browser, please see below for helpful links.
- Mozilla Firefox: Download or update to the current version
- Google Chrome: Download or upgrade to the current version
- Safari: Download or upgrade to the current version
- Internet Explorer: We never recommend using Internet Explorer. However, if you do so, please make sure that you use the current version
- Microsoft Edge: Download or upgrade to the current version (Edge browser is only available to Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile users)
Howard University websites are optimized and tested to ensure they function well on different screen sizes, including desktops (Mac and PC), tablets, and mobile devices (iPhone and Droid-based devices).