Web Migration Project
Project Definition: To migrate Howard websites into a unified and modern web system.
Vision: Howard’s web environment is modern, easy to use and navigate, unified in branding, improves business processes, and increases efficiency of the enterprise’s web expenditure
Start Date: Jan, 2015
Project Sponsor: Web Services at Howard
- New sites are easily aesthetically identified as being a part of Howard University.
- New sites are dynamic.
- Web infrastructure and systems of new environment are shared, integrated and congruent in order to facilitate maintenance across new sites.
- Move all content and sites off of the old university servers and into new web environment.
- Optimize user experience of new sites
- Optimize new site infrastructure
- Consolidate resources to increase efficiency
- Graduate School
- Newsroom / Office of Communications (newsroom.howard.edu)
- Main University Site (www2.howard.edu)
- University Calendar (calendar.howard.edu)
- Giving (giving.howard.edu)
- Division of Student Affairs (studentaffairs.howard.edu)
- Division of Development and Alumni Affairs (alum.howard.edu)
- Student Life & Activities
- Office of the President
- Middle States
- Social Media Directory and Guidelines
- Careers at Howard
New Sites & Web Applications
- Sesquicentennial (150th Anniversary)
- Howard Magazine (magazine.howard.edu)
- Center for African Studies (cfas.howard.edu)
- Faculty Development
- Web Services @Howard
- Office of the Student Ombudsperson
Sites in Development
- School of Social Work
- Office of Assessment
- People Profile
- Student Financial Services
- Office of Career Services
- Office of Procurement
- Walters Center